We are delighted to announce that this years 3rd International Workshop SBMI will be combined with the 1st International Symposium of the CRC/Transregio FungiNet on "Pathogenic fungi and their human host: Networks of interaction". All information can be found at the website http://www.dmykg-kongress.de/ .
The systems biology of microbial infection aims to understand the interaction between hosts and pathogens by the integrative combination of experiment and theory. The focus of this workshop is on the interaction between the immune systems of humans or animals and bacterial or fungal pathogens. We welcome contributions that concentrate on
- unraveling pathogenicity mechanisms by a systems biology approach,
- reconstructing cellular networks based on time series data,
- analysing spatio-temporal aspects of infection processes,
- identifying diagnostic biomarkers and potential drug targets,
- exploring strategies for personalized therapy.
You are cordially invited to attend this international workshop that takes place biennially at the HKI-Center for Systems Biology of Infection in Jena, Germany.
A PDF of the workshop announcement can be downloaded here* for distribution and notice in your lab.
NEW: The PDF of the workshop program can be downloaded here*.
(* but not yet)